Contribute Your Professional Expertise in Yerucham
Join Skilled Volunteers for Israel & Greater Miami Jewish Federation in a Desert Volunteer Program
Join a cohort of Jewish Professionals and volunteer in Yerucham, a small, but thriving community, located in Israel’s Negev Desert between two natural wonders—Lake Yerucham and the Large Crater.
This program is designed for adults, age 40+ and is offered in cooperation with the Greater Miami Jewish Federation.
- Experience a unique and authentic Israeli community
- Develop friendships and professional relationships with Israelis
- Learn about Jewish traditions from around the world through meals, meetings and mifgash (encounters )with Yerucham residents
- Contribute to Yerucham and Israel by sharing your skills in a volunteer project in a local organization
- Discover the Negev and its geological, cultural and historical treasures and traditions
- Participate in the Engliyada where you will lead & engage local residents to improve their spoken English in an informal English conversation program.
- Contribute to the daily Blog and share your experience with your friends, family, community in real time
Make a real and needed impact.
Volunteer Projects include but are not limited to:
- Writing (in English) for the web, annual reports, public relations
- Marketing consulting
- Social media and networking
- Public Relations & Presentation development and training
Interested in volunteering and you have a skill to contribute that’s not listed? Contact Skilled Volunteers for Israel and we’ll work with you to identify a volunteer project.
Housing is provided.
FALL PROGRAM: OCTOBER 30 – NOVEMBER 13, 2014
Participant cost is $3,400 and includes (Miami-Dade residents, $1,000):
. Customized volunteer placement . .Housing .
.Desert day trips .
. Jewish texts & spirituality workshops . .Shabbatot with host families .
. Enjoy a meal prepared by The Culinary Queens of Yerucham .
. Health insurance .
. Work with local visionaries and communal entrepreneurs .
. Transport to/from Yerucham .
Volunteer is responsible for flight and personal expenses
** Per Person Cost for Miami-Dade County participants ONLY $1,000.00**
Call Marla Gamoran at 608 469-0458 or email email@example.com
Registration opens December 1,2013.
Click here to provide us with your contact information and schedule an interview.
Download the program application:
Skilled Volunteers for Israel Application Procedure Miami
(Program prices and dates subject to change)