Jerusalem Volunteer Encounter
December 3-23, 2014
This program is structured for the older, active adult. If you want the opportunity to spend three interesting, intensive weeks, living and working in Israel, this is the program for you! Utilize the skills and the experiences you have developed over many years to help others.
As a skilled volunteer, you not only contribute your expertise, but you demonstrate with your presence, your commitment, your values, your support for Israel and the Israelis working on issues you care about.
Volunteering side by side with Israeli colleagues creates professional, personal and geographic linkages as well as a means of connecting the issues you may be involved with in your home community with the work being done in Israel. It provides the opportunity for cross-fertilization and innovation.
- Each participant volunteers 60 hours in a Jerusalem organization
- Weekly lectures & cultural events focusing on issues in Israeli society
- Volunteer 4 days/week and tour one day/week
- Your Shabbat is Free
DECEMBER 3-23, 2014 PROGRAM
$2,600 PER PERSON DOUBLE OCCUPANCY (Airfare not included)
- Ground transportation to/from Ben Gurion airport and Jerusalem
(Based on December 3 afternoon arrivals and December 23 eve departures only)
- Double occupancy hotel accommodation and daily breakfast
(single supplement for hotel accommodation is an addition $750/per person)
- Individualized, supervised volunteer placement
- Bus passes for commuting to volunteer placement
- Weekly evening lectures and/or cultural events
- Basic medical travel insurance
- Thursday tours
- 2 meals (dinner or lunch) per week plus daily breakfast
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
- Cell phone
- Meals not part of programs/tours
- Laundry and personal incidentals
- Additional trips or outings
To be considered as an applicant, complete the program intake form or contact Marla Gamoran, Executive Director, Skilled Volunteers for Israel at email@example.com or call 347-708-5291.
For acceptance into the program, all applicants must
- Undergo an interview
- Supply 2 references
- Have appropriate skills and experience
- Submit medical release and health information form signed by personal physician
Program Brochure: Jerusalem Volunteer Encounter December 2014