Upon completion of the inquiry form, Skilled Volunteers for Israel will schedule your telephone interview.
The interview is a required step in the volunteer placement process whether you prefer to select from the available volunteer projects or opt to customize your volunteer position.
Skilled Volunteers for Israel charges a registration fee. Payment of the $180 application fee is required after the telephone interview to initiate the volunteer matching and placement process.
Please note that a background check is required to volunteer.
Our volunteer placement process will match each candidate’s experience with the needs of an Israeli non-profit or educational organization. As a volunteer, you can have input into the final placement position design.
To finalize placement, volunteers must:
- Complete and submit the Skilled Volunteers for Israel application (see below for link to application forms)
- Submit two letters of recommendation
- Provide proof of medical insurance
- Pay placement fee
We generally recommend a minimum time commitment of one month to volunteer. Some positions require a longer stay.
Skilled Volunteers for Israel ….
- interviews and screens volunteers to ensure a successful and meaningful volunteer experience
- matchs the volunteer’s skills and interests to specific projects and organizations
- develops a detailed volunteer position description
- prepares for volunteering with materials and orientation
- supports pre-departure preparation
- provides a Welcome Kit and in-country support throughout volunteer experience
Volunteer is responsible for: Housing, flight, insurance and personal expenses
Downloadable Application for volunteer placement
Skilled Volunteers for Israel Application Procedure fall.2013